Speedtest.net – Analysis of Internet Performance that Accurate and Independent
For observers of Internet world you must have been familiar with the name of Speedtest.net. This independent service which is currently still very trustworthy to measure the performance of a network speed. With many promos of provider that promises speeds performance mobile up to broadband level, can know the ‘originality’ performance of provider through Speedtest.net. Of course not only the performance of data provider that can be measured, as originally this service designed to analyze performance in the PC realm (Internet cable).
According to the needs, now Oakla Net Metrics as the developer has launched Speedtest.net in the form of applications on Android and iOS platforms. According to the standard visual of Speedtest.net in desktop, Speedtest.net on Android and iOS applications also made with visual as well simple tools and make it easier for anyone that uses. In the early stages, the application will attempt detecting location of the nearest server, when already locked, then test of performance can immediately begins. Parameters that measured is speed of download and upload.
Once the test completed, the results can be seen directly in a separate menu. Besides download and upload, the performance of Ping (Packet Internet Groper) also shown in units of milliseconds. Ping is utility program which used to check network based on TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol). For those of you who are unfamiliar, this application at least enough to help determine the quality of the actual data provider.
* The initial phase is to find location of nearest server.
* Can be directly known location of nearest server that is around, also equipped with distance information.
* When are ready, Speedtest.net analysis can be directly started.
* Once the analysis completed, on the dashboard will appear parameter of download speed, upload, Ping, also its graph.
* There is little difference in the analysis of Internet connection provider. There are additional internal and external IP information, as well as positional parameters based on latitude and longitude.
* Some tests can be done, recap of data also presented per test. There are icons to distinguish between mobile internet analysis (tower logo) and the Internet via WiFi
Source : http://www.speedtest.net/
Download : Google Play – 3 MB and iTunesApp Store – 9.7 MB
Price : Free
Hardware support : Android 1.6 and iOS 3.1.3