Set Startup Applications in Windows 8
Many applications components including that run when booting, and this can slow down the boot time, and continues running in the system background that will certainly suck up resources. Windows 7 has tool to manage startup applications, their are in obvious place (Defender and Msconfig).
Windows 8 now has interfaces to manage startup applications in a more convenient location and enhanced in Task Manager. This makes it easier to determine which startup applications can start with Windows and using your system resources.
NOTE: set the startup application only applies for desktop applications. Modern UI (Metro) Windows 8 apps doesn’t allow applications to run automatically when Windows startup.
1. There are several ways to access Task Manager in Windows 8. One method was by right click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the popup window.
2. You can also move your mouse to the corner left of the screen until the start screen button display. Then, left-click for accessing Power User menu, or press Windows + X key. Select Task Manager from the popup menu.
3. Task Manager can also accessible by searching in the Start screen. If you’re in the desktop, press the Windows button, or click on the Start button in lower left corner of the screen. Type “task” (without the quotes). Search box automatically displays the search terms that you enter.
4. Two results shown in left side of the screen. Click on Task Manager to run it.
5. Initially, Task Manager will automatically open in compact mode, only the list of programs that running. To access additional features from Task Manager, click the down arrow next to “More details“.
6. Click Startup tab. This tab displays all the programs that starts with Windows. To prevent the program from starting when Windows starts, right-click on the program and select Disable from the popup menu.
7. You can also choose program and click Disable button at the bottom of the dialog box.
8. To close Task Manager, select Exit from File menu, or click Close (X) button in upper right corner of the dialog box. Reboot your computer for the changes to run.